In photo A I can see a trombone , a trumpet and a tuba , in photo B I
can see a saxophone , in photo C I can see a double bass, a violin and
a viola and in photo D I can see a guitar , a microphone and a bass
2. In the class we play the recorder (flauta) and the xylophone.
3.The typical instrument in Extremadura is the rustic drum (zambomba).
2- The instruments are the trombone , the trumpet and the guitar.
3- I think that music is important in our lives because young people are very interested in music.
3- Long o: poor, more, four, horse. Short o: hip-hop, rock, pop, opera.
4- Positive : like / love/be crazy about / prefer Negative: hate / can´t stand / don´t like Neutral: don´t mind
5-Ben doesn't mind rap but he prefers reggae. Juani loves rap and hip-hop. But she prefers Spanish rap to English rap. Fernanda hates loud music but she doesn't mind pop music. She loves opera. Miriam's brother is crazy about heavy metal but she can't stand it. Miriam loves classical music.
Exercise on page 29
1) 1. I think people want to break records because they want to go beyond their limits and also because they want to be famous. 2. In the Olympics a lot of people break records, for example ...(say one example). 3. I would like to be the youngest girl to speak four languages.
2) 1) An album 2) A DJ 3) An orchesta 4)A choir 5) A composer 6) Notes
3) 1) Michael Jackson. 2) More than 120 million. 3) 683 syllables. 4) 84 hours. 5) 8 years old. 6) 6,452 musicians. 7) 60,000 Singers. 8) Wagner. 9) None. 10) 10 records
Exercises on pages 30 and 31
1) A) 1-T 2-T 3-F B) The trumpet is bigger than the piano and bigger than the tambourine
2) 1-taller than 4-unhappier than 2-smaller than 5- faster than 3-happier than 6-slower than
3) 1- A town is bigger than a village. A village is smaller than a town. 2-Pico Mulhacén is lower than Mount Everest. Mount Everest is higher than Pico Mulhacén. 3-Shakira is older than Eminem. Eminem is younger than Shakira. 4-Duncan 55 kg is heavier than Vincent 50 kg. Vincent 50 kg is lighter than Duncan 55 kg. 5-Summer is hotter than winter. Winter is colder than summer. 6-Madrid is smaller than New York. New York is bigger than Madrid.
4) 1- A firefighter´s job is more dangerous than a waiter's job. 2- My school is better than your school. 3- Frankestein isn't more beautiful than Dracula 4- Carrots are nicer than pears 5- New York is farther than Madrid
5) 2-the loudest 3-the youngest 4-the longest 5-the most successful
6) Nolio XJ is the smallest model
Nolio XJ is the heaviest model (of the three).
Whizzo L2 is the cheapest model (of the three).
Whizzo L2 is the lightest model (of the three).
Sonitra 3W is the most expensive model (of the three).
Sonitra 3W is the biggestmodel (of the three).
Who is the tallest person in the class?
Who is the youngest person in the class?
Who is the most generous person in the class?
Who is the funniest person in the class?
Who is the most intelligent person in the class?
Who is the most artistic person in the class?
Who is the most athletic person in the class?
Exercises on page 32 1) a) 1. 1. At the concert 2. At home 3. In a park 4. In the street
2. In picture A, I think they are listening to rock music. In picture B, I think she is listening to pop music. In picture C, I think he is listening to classical music. In picture D, I think they are listening to techno music.
b) Picture A: microphone Picture B: remote control and loudspeakers Picture C: radio Picture D: headphones and MP3 players 2) a)
What types of music do people in Jamaica listen to?
What types of music do you like?
Do you prefer music in English?
Do you usually buy music or do you download it?
Is there any kind of music that you can't stand?
b) Question 4.
In Jamaica people listen to reggae, rap and traditional Jamaican music.
He likes all types of music, but his favourite is pop.
Yes, he does, because he doesn't understand the lyrics in other languages.
He can't stand heavy metal.
Exercises on page 33
No, he can't.
Yes, he does.
No. Tomorrow he is busy too.
half past seven
Exercises on page 34
1) 2- My mother hates hip hop too. She also hates rap. 3- I like singing opera. I also love singing rock songs. 4- My friends are crazy about jazz . They love classical music too. 4- I play the violin . I compose music too.
2) 2- I can´t stand techno or I can´t stand pop 3- I don´t like listening to music or I don´t like watching TV. 4- I don´t mind classical music or I don´t mind pop
3) a- 2 b-1 c-4 d-3
I like many types of music,
such as pop and jazz too, but I can't stand opera or classical music. In my opinion, the best singer in the world right now is Rihanna. She can sing very well but she
doesn’t compose her songs. Her songs are often about life and love. I listen to
her music when I go by car.