- Look at the people in the photos. What makes them happy? (p. 47).
- What makes you happy?
- Read the text “What makes you happy?” on p. 47.
- Look at the pictures on p. 48-9 and relate them to the text.
- Read the text “The Colours Blog” on p. 48.
- Pronounce these words of the text: absolutely, mood, definitely, created, discover, psychology, positively, grumpy, cheerful, dynamic, done, favourite, anxious, unless, instead, both, studying, exhibition, apparently, opponent, positive, decision.
- Make a summary of the text “The Colours Blog” on p. 48:
· Jessica Roberts:
2. Research: colour-mood
3. Blog’s aim: people-colour
1. Teacher. Colour psychology.
2. Influence students positively:
1. Yellow: open up, cheerful
2. Red: + dynamic mood. Corridors-class on time
· Cool Guy:
a. favourite: hospital, relax
b. think again
a. Experts: studying + relaxing
b. Light blue. Reason: dark blue-room (cold, small)
1. ‘Food and colour’ exhibition-learn++
1. Blue bread: eat-no.
2. Much blue food?-no. Reason: bad
3. Blue light in fridge: cut down on food
· Rainbow Harry:
1. Basketball coach- funny ideas:
1. Opponents’ changing room-pink (reason: slow down). Club-yes
2. Club colours: yellow→ red.
Reasons: win +, referees (decisions)
8. Make a shorter summary of the text without the hints.
9. Make sentences in the first, second and third conditional (p. 49).
10. Write or speak about your ideas, giving a reason for each idea (p. 49):
· If you decorated your room
· If you designed the school sports kit
· If you had to paint the school
- Look at the picture on p. 50 and relate it to the listening.
12. Read the text of ex. 2 and 3 (p. 50).
13. Name 5 sports injuries or problems you can have (p. 50).
14. Write or say one expression to agree and another one to disagree (p. 50).
15. Write or speak about Claire Lomas (p. 51):
· Horse riding accident (27)-use of legs.
· London Marathon-robotic legs-17 days.
· £210,000 for medical research.
· Later, 400-mile charity cycle ride (England).
- Look at the picture on p. 54 and relate it to the listening.
17. Read the text on page 54.
18. Speak about it:
· Regular breaks + physical exercise
· No stress
19. Read the text of ex. 3 (p. 54).
20. Give one tip of advice for each of the following topics:
· Balancing work and play
· Eating healthy
· Getting a good night’s sleep
· Staying safe on the internet
- Look at the picture on p. 56 and relate it to the listening.
22. Read the text on page 56.
23. Write or speak about the blogger’s experience:
· Week 1:
1. Join Urban Farmers: green space-concrete cities
2. Volunteer: 1afternoon/week
3. People-friendly, farm-chill out
4. 1st afternoon-. Vegetables-sore knees
· Week 2:
1. Young kids:
1. Feed-open up, enjoy
2. Move materials, tools-tired
· Week 3:
1. excited-omelettes (farm chickens) + vegetables (farm)
3. Urban Farmers:
a. teach (food from)-respect animals, environment + eat healthily.
b. She: =