THESE PHOTOCOPIES ARE ALREADY CORRECTED
UNIT 5. PART 1
1) All the extracts speak about crimes and people that fight crime (a fraudster produces false money, a burglar entered the house and stole two Televisions, jewellery... or a judge sent a woman to prison after she wrote frightening messages on a social site) and the whole unit is about the same topic.
2) Three people who defend the law are a police, a judge and a lawyer and three people who break the law are a fraudster, a burglar and a mugger.
3) There is a woman, she is 19 years old, she is taking photos because she is a private investigator and she is in the park.
4) She is Katie Frye, she is 19 years old, she is a private investigator and she catches fraudsters, burglars and thieves.
5) The photo shows some clothes in a shop and the text speaks about a private investigator that investigated a woman who worked in a clothes shop and stole some jeans.
9) - She is Katie, she is 19 years old and last year she was still at school. Now she spends her time catching fraudsters, burglars and thieves. Katie is successful because nobody expects a young person to be a private investigator.
- She loved the Sherlock Holmes stories, but she decided to become a lawyer because she hadn´t realized that teenagers could be detectives. She read an interesting article in a magazine where young private investigators described her ideal job and one month later she started work.
- She recently investigated a woman who worked in a clothes company. Her employee stole jeans.
- Her job isn’t dangerous because the agency is very serious about her safety. She doesn´t investigate serious criminals and a senior detective always accompanies her when investigating a case so she always has help at hand. She thinks her job is fascinating and she supposes she is just a curious person.
11) (+) He had played hockey
(-) He hadn´t played hockey
(?) Had he played hockey?
(Sh.Ans) Yes, he had/ No, he hadn´t
(Spanish) Él había jugado al hockey
12) (+) I had lived here for three years by the time we met