THESE EXERCISES ARE ALREADY CORRECTED
UNIT 5. EXERCISES OF PAGES 59-62
1 PAGE 59
Mugger, fraudster, burglar.
The criminal who commited the most serious crime is the mugger.
2 PAGE 59
Detective, judge, traffic wardens.
The person who has the most difficult job is the detective.
1 PAGE 60
PEOPLE WHO BREAK THE LAW- Armed robber, murderer, thief, fraudster, burglar and mugger.
PEOPLE WHO DEFEND THE LAW- Lawyer, police officer, private investigator, detective, judge and traffic warden.
2 PAGE 60
A private investigator
3 PAGE 60
1. She originally decided to become a lawyer
2. Because she read an article and she decided to become a private investigator
3. Because the owner of the clothes company thought a woman had stolen some jeans
4. She captured everything on a secret camera/The police officers arrested the woman
5. Because, being a teenager, no one is suspicious of her
6. They don´t investigate serious criminals and a senior detective always accompany them
4 PAGE 61
3. black market
5 PAGE 61
First action: hadn´t realized, I´d put.
Second action: decided, captured
6 PAGE 61
7 PAGE 61
6. had hidden
8 PAGE 61
3. had left
6. had robbed
1 PAGE 62
A: pickpocketing D: Blackmail
B:Kidnapping E: Smuggling
The extra words are “burglary” and “mugging”
3 PAGE 62
...pretends to be a different person...