Wednesday 28 November 2018

2º ESO. Unit 1. Exercises


THESE EXERCISES ARE ALREADY CORRECTED
UNIT 1. EXERCISES
Page 9
1) A Send e-mails
B Talk face to face
C Listen to news reports
D Read (online) newspapers
E Send texts (text messages)
F Use social media

2)
1 I would send texts (text messages) to my friends
2 I would talk to him or her face to face and I would use social media
3 I would listen to news reports and read (online) newspapers
4 I would send texts (text messages) to one classmate
5 I would send him/her a text

3)
When I want to communicate with people but they aren’t with me, I always send texts messages because it is very comfortable. I also like talking face to face with people, if I can. But I don’t like listening to news reports in the radio because I think it is boring.
Pages 10-11
1)
Arrive-leave
Ask-answer
Begin-finish
Drop-pick up
Find-lose
Forget-remember
Give-take
Laugh-cry
See-hear
Shout-whisper
Sit-stand

2)
1 ask
2 cries
3  find
4 drop
5 sit
6 give
7 whisper
8 leaves
3) The pillow fight
4)
1 Ben
2 Amy
3 Laura
4 Ben
5 Amy
6 Amy
5)
1 Feathers
2 Pillow
3 Soap
4 Fountain
5 Pavement
6)
Regular verbs:
Affirmative: arrived, answered, asked, cried, dropped, finished, laughed, picked up, remembered, shouted, whispered.
Negative: didn´t arrive, didn’t answer, didn’t ask, didn’t cry, didn’t drop, didn’t finish, didn’t laugh, didn’t pick up, didn’t remember, didn’t shout, didn’t whisper.

Irregular verbs: began, forgot, found, gave, heard, left, lost, sat, saw, stood, took.
Negative: , didn’t begin, didn’t forget, didn’t find, didn’t give, didn’t hear, didn’t leave, didn’t lose, didn’t sit, didn’t see, didn’t stand, didn’t take.
Questions:
When did he arrive, answer, ask, cry, drop, finish, laugh, pick up, remember, shout whisper?
Did you arrive, answer, ask, cry, drop, finish, laugh, pick up, remember, shout whisper?
7)
1 lost, found
2 did begin
3 asked, didn’t answer
4 didn’t see
5 did leave
6 stood, didn’t arrive

8)
/d/ or /t/: answered, asked, laughed, played, remembered, stopped
/Id/ shouted, started, wanted
9)
1 did
2 went
3 gave
4 did you go
5 didn’t go
6 did you enjoy
7 laughed
8 didn’t want
9 didn’t drop
10)
-During the holidays, I went to the beach with my family.                               
-Last month, I didn’t go to the cinema. 
Did you go to the cinema last month? Yes, I did/ No, I didn’t.                                                            
-I didn’t write a letter two weekends ago.   
Did you write a letter two weekends ago?  Yes, I did/ No, I didn’t.                                                             
-On Saturday night, I gave William his birthday present.
Did you give William his birthday present on Saturday night? Yes, I did/ No, I didn’t.
-On New Year’s Day, I ate in a restaurant with my family.
Did you eat in a restaurant with your family on New Year’s Day?  Yes, I did/ No, I didn’t.
-I didn’t have a mobile phone a year ago.  
Did you have a mobile phone a year ago? Yes, I did/ No, I didn’t.
-Yesterday afternoon, I didn’t hang out with my friends.
Did you hang out with your friends yesterday? Yes, I did/ No, I didn’t.       
-On your birthday, I wore my favourite jacket.
Did you wear your favourite jacket on my birthday?  Yes, I did/ No, I didn’t.
Pages 12-13
1)
The policeman felt scared
The old lady felt energetic
The girl felt surprised
The girl felt scared
The dogs felt excited
2)
1E, 2A, 3B, 4D, 5C
3)
1 Because he was too scared to come down.
2 last year
3 on an empty road
4 didn’t know
5 because she thought the tortoise was sick.
4)
1C, 2D, 3E, 4B, 5A
5)
1 was, were
2 wasn’t, weren’t
3 don’t use
6)
1 wasn’t, was
2 weren’t
3 were
4 was
5 wasn’t
6 was. Were
7 was was
8 wasn´t was
7)
1 last year, at Christmas, in February, in the summer holidays, two weeks ago, yesterday, at midnight, an hour ago.
8)
1 In June
2 eight years ago
3 in June
4 three weeks ago
5 last night
9)
1 wasn’t    2 there       3 was       4 he      5 were      6 were
10)
1 were, was        2 was         3 was         4 were       5 was
Pages 16-17
1)
1 Lessons start at 8.45 every morning.
2 The lunch break is an hour and fifteen minutes.
3 Safia has Art on Wednesdays at 11.15 a.m.
4 She has ICT on Mondays at 11.15 a.m. and on Thursdays at 2.00 p.m.
2)
1 10.15      2 PE  3 English    4 Drama    5 French
3)
1 first         2 Science   3 classroom        4 like          5 prefer     6 to 7 not bad    8 languages
4)
Today is Tuesday
5)
1 second
2 English
3 Mrs. Apple
4 she like?
5 English
6 a lot. I prefer English to Science and ICT
History?
7 very good at it
8 PE
6)
1 What time do lessons start in the morning?
2 How many lessons do you have every day?
3 Where do you go during break and lunch time?
4 Are there any clubs for students?
5 What subjects are you good at?
7)
/eɪ/: Favourite, playground, same
/æ/: Maths, languages, Tanya
7)
Read and listen
1 School starts at half past eight and (it) finishes at twenty-five past two.
2 Each lesson is fifty or fifty-five minutes, it depends.
3 During break I chat with friends and after school I go home and have lunch.
4 My favourite subject is English and my least favourite subject is Physics and Chemistry.
5 My favourite teacher is kind and fun.
6 Lunch is after school, at around three o’clock.
Page 18
1)
3
2)
The writer went to the event one Saturday night last summer.
2 She went with her friend.
3 They felt bored
4 She felt nervous and silly.
5 It ended at 11 p.m. and she was tired but in a very good mood.
1)

1 capital letters
2 commas
3 apostrophes
4 question marks
5 exclamation marks
4)
On Friday afternoon, my friends and I went shopping. We bought new clothes, computer games, sweets and school things. When we went home, we didn’t have any money, but we had so much fun! Do you like shopping?
5)
Last year, I went to Costa Rica with my family because my uncle wanted to take us on a trip. It was summer and it was so hot so we didn't say no.
The first night we were there, we slept in an amazing hotel and, the next morning, we went to the beach. It was wonderful and I played water polo with my cousin. We laughed a lot and we got very tired. But, that night we also went to an incredible restaurant that had kind smiling waiters.
We stayed there for two weeks and I enjoyed it very much but after those two weeks, we returned home. I didn't want to return to Europe because it was … a really amazing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment