Sunday 2 June 2019

1º Bach.Correction of the final revision


1º BACH
FINAL REVISION (June, 2019)
CORRECTION OF THE EXERCISES
WORD ORDER
  • Liz walks to work every day.
  • We have lived here since 1999.
  • I left my umbrella in the restaurant last night.
  • She always reads the newspaper in the evening.
  • I like Italian food very much.
  • He does his homework quickly after school.

COMPLETE THESE SENTENCES WITH “SOMEBODY”...
  • The museum is free. It costs nothing to go in.
  • I´m looking for my glasses. I can´t find them anywhere.
  • I want something to read. I´m going to buy a magazine.

WRITE SENTENCES WITH “SO THAT”

  • I gave her my address so that she could contact me.
  • She´s learning English so that she will study in Canada

RELATIVE SENTENCES

  • The actor, who you didn´t recognise on television last night, was Orlando Bloom.
  • The doctor who/that treated me didn´t know what he was doing. 
  • My sister had an operation which/that  was only a partial success.
  • George, whose brothers help me in the sports shop, lives with his parents.
  • I´ll never forget London where I met my best friend.

PASSIVE VOICE: PUT THE SENTENCES IN THE PASSIVE. YOU HAVE TWO POSSIBILITIES

  • Steven Spielberg offered Tom Cruise a lot of money.
    • Tom Cruise was offered a lot of money by Steven Spielberg.
    • A lot of money was offered to Tom Cruise by Steven Spielberg.
  • Her sister is buying her a present.
    • She is being bought a present by her sister.
    • A present is being bought to her by her sister.
  • My girlfriend gave me a kiss
    • I was given a kiss by my girlfriend.
    • A kiss was given to me by my girlfriend.
  • John will send him an e-mail on Sunday.
    • He will be sent an e-mail by John on Sunday.
    • An e- mail will be sent to him by John on Sunday.
  • They have promised him a skateboard.
    • He has been promised a skateboard (by them).
    • A skateboard has been promised to him (by them).

CONDITIONAL SENTENCES COMPLETE THE SENTENCES WITH THE CORRECT FORM OF THE VERBS IN BRACKETS.
  • You will have lots of problems if you lose your air ticket.
  • If you had been more careful, you wouldn´t have got into trouble.
  • Unless you hurry, you will miss the flight.
  • I wouldn´t talk to strangers if I were you.
  • You would have met some of my friends if you had come to the party last night.

REPORTED SPEECH: REWRITE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES IN INDIRECT STYLE (REPORTED SPEECH), BEGINNING WITH THE WORDS…


Statements and questions
  • My sister scored two goals last Saturday.
    • Bill told me that his sister had scored two goals the previous Saturday.
  • We haven´t lost a single match this year!
    • Jane exclaimed that they hadn´t lost a single match that year.
  • Local companies will provide the team kit next year.
    • The principal said that local companies would provide the team kit the following year.
·         You must do your homework after training.
·         My mother reminded me that I had to do my homework after training.
·         We are going to use the gym for the volleyball game tomorrow.
·         Katrine mentioned that they were going to use the gym for the volleyball game the following day.
·         My friends and I wore red hats last year and nobody threw oranges at us! (EBAU)
    • He exclaimed that his friends and he had worn red hats the year before and nobody had thrown oranges at them.
  • Do you respond to fans’ comments on Facebook?
    • The reported asked if he responded to fans’ comments on Facebook.
  • How long have you been training?
    • A reporter asked her how long she had been training.
  • How long is each part of the triathlon?
    • He wanted to know how long each part of the triathlon was.
  • Can I do better than this?
    • I asked my coach if I could do better than that.
    • He asked his coach if he could do better than that.

Orders, requests and suggestions
  • Please tell me what the problem is.
    • I asked him to tell me what the problem was.
  • You should try out swimming.
    • She suggested trying out swimming/she suggested that he try out swimming.
  • Don’t hold the racket so tightly!
    • The tennis coach told the player not to hold the racket so tightly.
  • Let’s watch the championship at my house.
    • I suggested watching the championship at my house/I suggested that we watch the championship at my house.

CHANGE THE VERBS TO THE GIVEN TENSES (AFFIRMATIVE, NEGATIVE, QUESTION WITH SHORT ANSWERS, NEGATIVE-INTERROGATIVE –always contracted- AND SPANISH) AND TRANSLATE THE NEW AFFIRMATIVE SENTENCE INTO SPANISH:

  1. Smokers will survive better
    • Past perfect simple:
                                                              i.      Smokers had survived better
                                                            ii.      Smokers hadn’t survived better
                                                          iii.      Had smokers survived better?
                                                           iv.      Hadn’t smokers survived better?
                                                             v.      Los fumadores habían sobrevivido major.

  1. He explained the risk
    • Conditional continuous:
                                                              i.      He would be explaining the risk
                                                            ii.      He would be explaining the risk
                                                          iii.      Would he be explaining the risk?
                                                           iv.      Wouldn’t he be explaining the risk?
                                                             v.      Él estaría explicando…

  1. This happened to an ordinary 16 year old boy
    • “Going to” future:
                                                              i.      This is going to happen to an ordinary 16 year old boy
                                                            ii.      This isn’t going to happen to an ordinary 16 year old boy
                                                          iii.      Is this going to happen to an ordinary 16 year old boy?
                                                           iv.      Isn’t this going to happen to an ordinary 16 year old boy?
                                                             v.      Esto va a pasarle a un…

  1. They thought about their problems
    • Past continuous:
                                                              i.      They were thinking about their problems
                                                            ii.      They were not thinking about their problems
                                                          iii.      Were they thinking about their problems?
                                                           iv.      Weren’t they thinking about their problems?
                                                             v.      Ellos estuvieron pensando…

  1. Alcohol advertising had considerable influence on adolescents
    • Simple present:
                                                              i.      Alcohol advertising has considerable influence on adolescents
                                                            ii.      Alcohol advertising doesn´t have considerable influence on adolescents
                                                          iii.      Does alcohol advertising have considerable influence on adolescents?
                                                           iv.      Doesn´t alcohol advertising have considerable influence on adolescents?
                                                             v.      La publicidad del alcohol tiene…

  1. The weather is very good in Granada.
    • Simple future:
                                                              i.      The weather will be very good in Granada.
                                                            ii.      The weather won’t be very good in Granada.
                                                          iii.      Will the weather be very good in Granada?
                                                           iv.      Won´t the weather be very good in Granada?
                                                             v.      El tiempo será…

No comments:

Post a Comment