THEY ARE GENIUSES!
1.- Look for a photo of these people and paste it here:
a) Handicapped people:
- Louis Braille
- Stephen Hawkings
- Marie Curie
c)Human and social models
- Mother Teresa
2.- Surf the Internet and:
- Write a summary of their lives.
- Born (where and when).
- Important landmarks in his/her life.
- A curiosity/ an anecdote about him/her.
- Recognition (prizes...).
- What he/she did for humanity.
3.- A handicapped person: Louis Braille:
- Go to this link http://www.cnib.ca/en/ and click on “Living with Vision Loss”.
• Use the Braille system to read the sentence from the novel “The Little Prince”.
• What are the most common breeds of guide dogs and what characteristics must they have? What happens to them when they retire?
• Go to "Independent living” and write one special precaution blind people must take for each of the sections (ex: In the kitchen...).
Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)