Tuesday 4 April 2017

1º ESO. Unit 5. Exercises



THESE EXERCISES ARE ALREADY CORRECTED

Unit 5

Page 59

1. The girl is holding a small man.
2. The womAn is kissing a statue.
3. The two womEn are pushing the Tower of Pisa.
4. The mAn is walking on water.
5. The two mEn are sitting.


Pages 60-61

1.

1.(sail)a boat
2.(draw)a picture
3.(carry, close, open)a bag or a box
4.(jump, dive)into a lake
5.(climb) a tree
6.(fly)a plane
7.(hold)someone's hand
8.(practise)an instrument
9.(open, close)a door or a window
10.(build)a house


2.

1-A
2-C
3-B
4-D


3.

1.Zev’s favourite hobby is photography.

2.Taking a photo of them and then using his computer to make them very small.

3. His hobbies are photography, writing his blog and building and flying model airplanes.

4.He is jumping into the lake.

5. Fantastic,beautiful,amazing,wonderful and great.


4.

1.I'm writing a (blog) about my holidays.
2.Russia is a (huge) country-the biggest in the world.
3.In his free time, he loves building(model) cars.
4.There's a (tiny) insect on your arm.
5.We've got a big red (balloon) for Cara's party.


5.

1.'m
2.'s
3.taking
4.aren't
5.swiming
6.flying
7.are


6.

1.I'm not drawing a horse. I'm drawing a dog.
2.You aren't studying music. You're studying art.
3.They aren't diving into the pool. They're jumping into the pool.
4.We aren't making a boat. We're making a plane.
5.He isn't opening the window. He's closing the window.



7.

1. Are you drawing a horse? No, I’m not. Are you drawing a dog? Yes, I am.
2.Are you studying music? No, I’m not. Are you studying art? Yes, I am.
3.Are they diving into the pool? No they aren't. Are they jumping into the pool? Yes, they are.
4.Are you making a boat? No, we aren't. Are you making a plane? Yes, we are.
5.Is he opening the window? No, he isn't. Is he closing the window? Yes, he is.


8.

1.are you doing?
2.’m sailing
3.’s flying
4.’re practising
5.’m sitting
6.’m drawing
7.’s climbing
8.’s jumping
9.’s carrying

Page 62-63

Exercise 1

1-Binoculars
2-Sunscreen
3-Insect repellent
4-Compass and map
5-Sleeping bag and tent
6- Waterproof jacket
7-Torch
8-First-aid kit
9-Backpack
10-Tools

Exercise 2

1-Jessica Watson
2-Australia
3-She’s 16 years old.
4- She’s trying to become the youngest person to sail solo around the world.

Exercise 3

1-C
2-A
3-B

Exercise 4

1-The weather is perfect. The sun is shining and the wind is blowing.
2-She reads or listens to music. Sometimes she phones her family, and she’s also writing a blog.
3-She normally spends Christmas at home with her family.
4-She’s sitting alone on her boat in the middle of the ocean, opening presents and eating her favourite food.
5-She’s dreaming about her bed.
She’s cleaning the boat after a big storm.

Exercise 5

1-smiling
2-wave
3-miss
4-dream
5-cross

Exercise 6

1- Present simple
2-Present continuous

Exercise 7

1- What’s Harry doing… ?” “He’s watching...”
2-Go/ is staying
3-Is coming
4-Do you usually go…?/we always go
5-Are you enjoying/I´m having

Exercise 8

1- take
2- aren’t climbing
3- draws
4- Is he practising
5-is

Exercise 9

1- goes
2- are going
3- take
4- are using
5- compass
6- carries
7- backpack
8- torch
9- isn’t using

Exercise 10

1- On a typical weekend, I visit my grandparents, I go out with my friends to the park and I do my homework.
2- On my dream weekend, I am visiting Paris at the moment.

Page 68 (SCUBADIVING)

Exercise 1

1-She plays the guitar and draws pictures.
2-She loves water sports like surfing and scuba diving.
3-She is carrying a torch.

Exercise 2

1-We use a comma before “such as” and “for example”, but not before “like”.
2-We also use a comma after “for example”.


Exercise 3

1-I do lots of activities, for example, I play the guitar and I play paddle tennis.
2-I study interesting subjects like English and French.
3-I want to do exciting things, such as surfing and travelling to exotic cities.

Exercise 4

I am Sergio, and I am from Badajoz but I live in Mirandilla with my family: my mum, my dad and my sister.
I like swimming and surfing. I usually go to exotic countries, such as Mexico and Australia.
In this photo, I am swimming with dolphins. It is very exciting because they are very intelligent.

No comments:

Post a Comment