Wednesday 16 May 2018

1º Bach. Photocopy. Passive voice. Verbs with 2 objects

PASIVE VOICE
VERBS WITH TWO OBJECTS

1.

1. Cheaper tickets are being offered to passengers by the bus company this weekend.
All passengers are being offered cheaper tickets by the bus company this weekend.


2. A skateboard has been promised to him for his birthday.
He has been promised a skateboard for his birthday.

3. The photographs were shown to me.
I was shown the photographs.

4. My bonus hasn't been paid to me by my boss yet.
I haven't been paid my bonus by my boss yet.

5. The latest news IS always told to me by her in her e-mails.
I am always told the latest news in her e-mails.

6. A wonderful present was sent to my sister by my aunt.
My sister was sent a wonderful present by my aunt.

2.

1. Some money is sent to me by my grandmother every year for my present.
I am sent some money by my grandmother every year for my present.

2. A mountain bike and a computer were given to Susan last year for Christmas.
Susan was given a mountain bike and a computer last year for Christmas.

3. The plans for my new house were shown to me yesterday.
I was shown the plans for my new house yesterday.

4. The money wasn't given to me.
I wasn't given the money.

5. A present was given to Jane by her colleagues when she retired.
Jane was given a present by her colleagues when she retired.

6. That George was ill was told to me by nobody.
I was told that George was ill by nobody.

7. How much were you paid?

8. I think the job should have been offered to Tom.
I think Tom should have been offered the job.

9. Has what to do been shown to you by anybody?
Have you been shown what to do by anybody?



No comments:

Post a Comment