Wednesday 24 January 2018

2º ESO. Unit 2. Exercises



THESE EXERCISES ARE ALREADY CORRECTED

EXERCISES OF THE BOOK. UNIT 2. 

Page 21
1
   1---------------A
   2---------------C
   3---------------D
   4---------------E
   5---------------B

Page 22
1
1.      A key-metal
2.      A wallet-leather
3.      Some bracelets-silver or gold
4.      A bottle of perfume-glass
5.      A car tyre-rubber
6.      A T shirt-cotton
7.      A hat-wool
8.      A notebook-paper
9.      A cup-ceramic
10.  A toy train-wood
11.  An umbrella-plastic
12.  A box-cardboard
2
The dog found ambergris.
3
1 There was an address in Perth.
2 It came from a man who was sailing the sea
3 They were using it because they were looking for their tool.
4 Today, the coins are in the British Museum.
5 He didn’t take it home at first because it had a strange smell/because he didn’t know what it was.
6 When he got home, he did some research and then he went back to the beach and took the ambergris.

Page 23
4
1 Field
2 Stomach
3 Tools
4 Smell
5 Coins

5 Rare= raro, escaso
Strange= extraño

6
1 was
2 wasn’t
3 weren’t
4 wasn’t
5 Was
6 running
7 Were
8 having
9 were
10 weren’t
-Actions in progress

7
1.      I was studying at school at 10:15.
2.      What were you and your friends doing from 4:00 p.m to 5:00 p.m. yesterday?
3.      At 6.30 a.m. yesterday, Angela was eating breakfast.
4.      Can you repeat thar, please? Sorry, I wasn’t listening!
5.      Who were you talking to on the phone this morning?
6.      Why did you wake me up? I was sleeping!
Page 24
1
 Photo A: bottle, carton, can, tin, packet and jar.
 Photo B: envelope, case and packet.
 Photo C: box
 Photo D: cup, glass and bowl.

2
 1 Because she didn't know anyone when she moved to New York after college.
 2 Because she wrote letters to strangers.
 3 She left them all over New York.

3
Speaker 1 was unpacking his shopping bag.
Speaker 2 was choosing a DVD at the library.
Speaker 3 was waiting for the bus/moving a box at a bus stop.
Speaker 4 was having a cup of coffee in a café/putting sugar in her coffee.

4
 1 Speaker 1 was feeling really nervous because it was the day of his exam results.
 2 Speaker 2 felt much better after he found the note.
 3 It was rainy.
 4 Speaker 4 put her note under her empty cup of coffee to cheer up the waiter or the next customer.

5
Opposites: Cheerful-miserable and empty-full.
Similar meaning: Extraordinary-special.

Page 25
6
1 Past simple
2 Past continuous
3 Past simple
4 Past simple, past continuous

7
1 2,1
2 1,2
3 1,2
4 2,1
5 1,2

8
  2 was watching, saw
  3 were swimming, heard
  4 was having, rang
  5 were playing, started
  6 were (you) going, saw

9 1 asked
2 didn’t put
3 was sitting
4 read
5 found
6 was working
7 was travelling
8 lost
9 was unpacking
10 jumped

10
  1 yesterday I eat a bowl of spaghetti while I was having a shower.
Finish it.



Page 30

1
  A3, B5, C2, D4, E1

2  1 Matt’s  2 parents’  3 Mum and Dad’s  4 It’s, couldn’t, I’m,  5 parents, friends  6 yours

3 1 The football belongs to the boys. It’s the boys’ football.
     2 The shop opens its doors at 9 a.m.
     3 That’s Jenny and Martin’s mother.
     4 My DVD player doesn’t work.
     5 My phone’s battery is flat. Can I borrow yours?




4.
Dear Iris,

Thank you for the gift that you gave me on my birthday. It was perfect because it was my size and I wanted this type of jacket.

My birthday was fantastic, my parents' present was a new mobile phone, it has got a fantastic camera for taking photos. Also, my friends gave me some money and lots of clothes. We ate pizza and drank cola, then we went out for a walk around the village. There was music to dance, too.
Finally, we returned to my home and my friends stayed to sleep with me. It was a pyjama party!
I hope you're well, I hope to see you soon.
Kisses
Raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment