Tuesday 15 January 2019

1º Bach. Correction of unit 109 and purpose (to, for and so that)


THESE EXERCISES ARE ALREADY CORRECTED
UNIT 109 WORD. ORDER 2-ADVERBS
SOLUTIONS to “TO”, “FOR” and “SO THAT” (PURPOSE)

109.1
3. Wrong. I usually have…
4. Right. We soon found…
5. Wrong. Steve hardly ever gets…
6. Wrong. … I also went…
7. Wrong. Jane always has to hurry…
8. Wrong. We were all tired so we all fell asleep.
9. Right.


109.2
2. We were all on holiday.
3. We were all staying…
4. We all enjoyed…
5. Catherine is always…
6. I don´t usually have to work…
7. Do you always watch …?
8. He is also learning…
9. That hotel is probably…
10. It probably costs…
11. I can probably help…
12. I probably can’t help…

109.3
1. I usually take…
2. I am usually hungry…
3. He has probably gone…
4. Mark and Diane were both born…
6. She can also sing…
7. Our car often breaks down
8. … I have never spoken…
9. We always have to wait…
10. I can only read…
11. I will probably be leaving…
12. … I probably won´t be able to come…
13. She is hardly ever at home.
14. We are still living…
15. … we would never have met…
16. Yes, I am always tired at this time of day/Yes, I always am at this time of day.


SOLUTIONS to “TO”, “FOR” and “SO THAT” (PURPOSE)

63.1.
2. I had to go to the bank to get some money.
3. I’m saving money to go to Canada.
4. I went into hospital to have an operation.
5. I’m wearing two pullovers to keep warm.
6. I phoned the police station to report that my car had been stolen.

63.2.
2. to read
3. to walk
4. to drink
5. to put
6. to discuss
7. to buy
8. to talk
9. to wear
10. to celebrate
1. to help

63.3.
2. for
3. to do
4. to
5. for
6. to
7. for
8. for children to play in

63.4.
2. We wore warm clothes so that we wouldn’t get cold.
3. The man spoke very slowly so that I would understand what he said.
4. I whispered so that nobody else would hear our conversation.
5. Please arrive early so that we can start the meeting.
6. She locked the door so that she wouldn’t be disturbed.
7. I slowed down so that the car behind could overtake.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment