Thursday 10 January 2019

1º Bach. Solutions to infinitive of purpose and "want"


SOLUTIONS
Ex. 7:
INFINITIVE OF PURPOSE

Ex. 7:
1c; 2d; 3a; 4e; 5b

Ex. 8:
1. People use dictionaries to look up words.
2. People use bikes and mopeds to avoid traffic jams.
People go to music shops to buy CDs.
People go to libraries to borrow books.

Ex. 6:
1. He went to the post office to buy some stamps.
2. She bought a music magazine to read about her favourite band.
3. They went to Italy to improve their Italian.
4. He phoned Jane to invite her to a party.
5. They went to Wembley to see the England-Spain match.


“WANT”

A)
Do you want to help me? = ¿Quieres ayudarme?
Do you want me to help you? = ¿Quieres que yo te ayude?

B)
1. We want him to play his violin.
2. She wants to tame the wild horse.
3. Do you want me to help you?
4. Thy didn’t want us to visit them.
5. I want to listen to my favourite disk.
6. Did she want me to call her?

C)
2. The doctor wants them to exercise regularly.
3. She wants to leave now.
4. Carrie’s father doesn’t want her to go alone.
5. The girls want to have a party on Saturday night.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment